HUD - Rental Assistance Program

HUD-Rental Assistance Program

This program provides the maximum benefit possible to all eligible Tribal Members. Assistance amounts will vary and are calculated using a HUD approved system. The assistance amount a family will be eligible to receive will be up to 30% of the affordable rent as determined by HUD based on monthly adjusted income. Funds will be distributed on a monthly basis directly to the approved vendor. The property owner/landlord cannot be related to the applicant for the purposes of this program. The funds in this program cannot be combined with any other HUD program provided by other Tribes, Housing Authorities, or Section 8 Programs.


  • This is an Affordable Housing program, an applicants monthly rent must be “affordable” equal to but not more than 30% of their monthly adjusted income; or equal to but not more than Fair Market rent as determined by HUD; and
  • Income must be below 80% of the state median income in addition to other qualifying factors.
  • Deductions for Minors, Senior, Disabled, Medical, & Childcare are considered when determining Monthly Adjustable income.
  • Utilities are no longer covered by this benefit.
  • Move-in costs such as deposits, First & Last month rent are a One-Time annual benefit and may not be combined with the Monthly Rent Assistance. To qualify rent must already meet the Affordable rent standard.
  • Grant funds for this program are limited and a waitlist for assistance may be implemented.
  • The HUD-Rental Assistance Policy is available on the Tribe’s website for review of additional program requirements and limitations. 

How to Apply

To apply for the Affordable Housing Assistance Benefit, a qualified Snoqualmie Tribal Member must provide the following to the Housing Department via mail, email, fax or hand delivery:

  • Completed Application
  • A Valid Lease agreement or Move-in Statement;
  • W-9 for the Landlord;
  • Income Verification for the past 30 days on all adult household members age 18 and over.
  • Sufficient documentation for deductions that are not covered / paid for by any other program.
  • Completed W-9 Form

Completed applications may be mailed, emailed, faxed or hand delivered to:

Housing Department
P.O. Box 969
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Fax: (206) 984-1586

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Housing Department, Angelina Holverstott or Peyton Titus, at 425-888-6551 extension #3011 or #4010 or email