General Benefits

The General Resources Department of the Snoqualmie Tribal Government administers benefits of Snoqualmie Tribal Members. In this section you will find information and forms needed to access the benefits available to Tribal Members.

General Forms

Use the Tribal Services Change Form to update your contact information, address, income and other information necessary to access your benefits. | Tribal Services Change Form (PDF)

Tribal Members must have a current W-9 on file to access benefits. | IRS W-9 Form (PDF)

Tribal Members can now use direct deposit to have benefits deposited directly to their bank account.  | Learn More About Direct Deposit (PDF) | Direct Deposit Authorization Form (PDF)

Tribal Members can take delivery of vehicles on reservation/trust land and avoid State sales/use taxes. | Retail Sales/Use Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)


In-Home Healthcare Program - NEW

The Snoqualmie Tribal Council has launched a temporary benefit while the Tribal State of Emergency remains in place for all adult enrolled Tribal Members. The Snoqualmie Tribal Council recognizes that Snoqualmie Tribal Members who are referred to a skilled nursing or assisted living facilities may face undue costs and greater risks of contracting COVID-19 with this in mind the Snoqualmie Tribal Council has approved a Tribal Healthcare In-Home Care program.

The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe provides In-Home Care services to Tribal Members up to $15,000 (fifteen thousand) per fiscal year to assist with bridging the gap in healthcare services and funding. This program is intended to run only while the Tribe’s State of Emergency remains in effect.

The purpose of In-Home Care is to provide short-term assistance to an enrolled Adult Snoqualmie Tribal Member who is recovering from a major medical event, surgery, or in need of hospice/end of life care. The level and type of service is to be determined by the Tribal Member’s Primary Care Provider (Physician, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician’s Assistant) and is based upon temporary impairment due to functional limitations and an inability to perform the normal activities for daily living. This program is intended as a payer of last resort after healthcare insurance. An application is required from the Tribal Member and from the Vendor who will be providing licensed care.


Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program - NEW

The Small Tribes of Western Washington (STOWW)-Snoqualmie Tribe-Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is an income based program.

Applications are reviewed and approved by the Snoqualmie Tribe Housing Dept with funding being distributed by STOWW directly to the eligible vendor. The amount of funding is distributed based on income and household size.

Required: Completed application, proof of income, and a recent copy of an Energy bill.

Download the Application (Adobe PDF)

Transportation Assistance Program - NEW

The purpose of the Transportation Assistance Program is to provide limited financial assistance to offset the transportation costs of adult enrolled Tribal Members traveling to attend the Snoqualmie Tribal Vaccine Clinic or a vaccine appointment hosted by our community partner Cowlitz Tribe at the Tukwila clinic.



Emergency Assistance

The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe’s Emergency Assistance Program provides short term financial assistance to help adult enrolled Snoqualmie Tribal Members through a crisis or transition. Tribal members can receive up to $1,500.00 (one thousand five hundred dollars) in assistance, per fiscal year (October 1- September 30).

The objectives of this Program are:

  • To provide emergency financial support for Adult Snoqualmie Tribal Members, who find themselves in need, who are unable to resolve that need without assistance, and who are unable to quickly get that emergency assistance from other sources.
  • An emergency is a situation that poses an immediate risk to health, life, property, or environment.

Emergency Assistance now covers car brake replacement.


Richard Bonifant
425.888.6551 ext. 1013

Down Payment and Refinance Assistance

The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe provides a one-time benefit up to $20,000 USD (twenty thousand dollars) for down payment assistance to adult eligible Tribal Members (18 or over) to be used towards down payment and closing costs on the purchase of an eligible home for primary residency. This benefit can be used towards down payment and closing costs on the purchase of an eligible home for primary residency. Eligible homes include: new Standard Home, Mobile Home (expressly excludes RVs, campers, and Fifth Wheels), Manufactured Home, Prefabricated home, Construction Loan of a new build (does not include purchase of land), or a Rent-to-Own (restricted to the second stage when applying for the loan in the conveying of ownership).

The Refinance Assistance benefit may be used for closing costs and fees associated with either a rate-and-term refinance of an existing mortgage for a primary residence or for a cash-out refinance. A rate-and-term refinance changes the interest rate, the term, or both the rate and the term of an existing mortgage. If the benefit is used for a cash-out refinance, the borrowed money is to be used for otherwise Eligible Expenses under the Tribe’s General Welfare Program. The benefit is applied only to closing costs and fees charged by the lender associated with the refinance.

Please Note:

  • If you previously utilized the full amount of the down payment program no additional funding is available.
  • Funding no longer needs to be used in a single transaction.


Angelina Holverstott or Peyton Titus
425.888.6551 ext. 4010 or 3011

Home Repair & Improvement Assistance

To be eligible to receive this benefit, you must be: An adult enrolled Snoqualmie Tribal Member 18 years of age or older; the homeowner of the residence where the repair will take place; and occupying that home more than 51% of the year as their principal residence.

The following are ineligible to receive the Benefit: 1 – Tribal Members who rent but do not own their home, 2 – Households with a minor Snoqualmie Indian child, without an Adult Tribal Member. 3 – Secondary homes, such as vacation homes or rental/investment properties.

This Program provides a benefit to adult Tribal Member homeowners in the area of home repairs and improvements, up to $10,000 per eligible Tribal Member every three (3) years.


Angelina Holverstott or Peyton Titus
425.888.6551 ext. 4010 or 3011

Child Care & Development Fund (CCDF) - Child Care & Early Learning Program

The Snoqualmie Tribe has been approved to implement their CCDF Grant Plan for FY20-22. The Snoqualmie Tribe CCDF-Child Care and Early Learning Program is open to all Native American families that meet the criteria described below. Major program changes include the removal of an income requirement and the removal of an assistance need requirement of work, school, job search etc. The program does offer funding priority to the following families: low income, homelessness, single parent household, first responder, active duty military, foster child placement.

The Tribe’s CCDF program can cover costs associated with the following:

  • Child Care- Licensed Facility, licensed family/group home, or in home care by a relative provider
  • Early Learning tuition-State Licensed Center/Program/School must be under Kindergarten grade level
  • Before & After School Care or Summer Camps/Care-Licensed Facility, licensed family/group home, or in home care by a relative provider

To qualify the applicant must:

  • The applicant and child must reside in King, Snohomish, or Pierce county;
  • The minor for which serves are being rendered must be: enrolled or a direct descendant of an enrolled member of a U.S. Federally recognized tribe;
  • Minor be under the age of 13; and
  • Must reapply every 16 months and utilize a provider that meets the criteria below

To qualify the provider/school/program must:

  • Be a state licensed child care or early learning program or a non-licensed relative provider over 18 years old (limited to grandparent, great-grandparent, aunt, uncle or adult sibling (sibling cannot reside in same home);
  • Must be willing to accept 3rd party payments by the Tribe, this program does not allow for reimbursements;
  • Must be willing to provide invoices and/or timesheet;
  • Payment can be issued monthly or quarterly; but cannot be issued as a yearly lump sum; and
  • All payments issued under this program follow standard guidelines with concerns to tax requirements for compensation for child care services or tuition. A 1099-MISC may be issued to the vendor.


Bessie Medicinebird
425-888-6551 ext. 6221

HUD - Rental Assistance Program

This program provides the maximum benefit possible to all eligible Tribal Members. Assistance amounts will vary and are calculated using a HUD approved system. The assistance amount a family will be eligible to receive will be up to 30% of the affordable rent as determined by HUD based on monthly adjusted income. Funds will be distributed on a monthly basis directly to the approved vendor. The property owner/landlord cannot be related to the applicant for the purposes of this program. The funds in this program cannot be combined with any other HUD program provided by other Tribes, Housing Authorities, or Section 8 Programs.


  • This is an Affordable Housing program, an applicants monthly rent must be “affordable” equal to but not more than 30% of their monthly adjusted income; or equal to but not more than Fair Market rent as determined by HUD; and
  • Income must be below 80% of the state median income in addition to other qualifying factors.
  • Deductions for Minors, Senior, Disabled, Medical, & Childcare are considered when determining Monthly Adjustable income.
  • Utilities are no longer covered by this benefit.
  • Move-in costs such as deposits, First & Last month rent are a One-Time annual benefit and may not be combined with the Monthly Rent
  • Assistance. To qualify rent must already meet the Affordable rent standard.
  • Grant funds for this program are limited and a waitlist for assistance may be implemented.
  • The HUD-Rental Assistance Policy is available on the Tribe’s website for review of additional program requirements and limitations.

How to Apply:

To apply for the Affordable Housing Assistance Benefit, a qualified Snoqualmie Tribal Member must provide the following to the Housing Department via mail, email, fax or hand delivery:

  • Completed Application
  • A Valid Lease agreement or Move-in Statement;
  • W-9 for the Landlord;
  • Income Verification for the past 30 days on all adult household members age 18 and over.
  • Sufficient documentation for deductions that are not covered / paid for by any other program.
  • Completed W-9 Form

Completed applications may be mailed, emailed, faxed or hand delivered to:

Housing Department
P.O. Box 969
Snoqualmie, WA 98065
Fax: (206) 984-1586



Housing Department, Angelina Holverstott or Peyton Titus
425-888-6551 extension #3011 or #4010


Baby Corner

Baby Corner is a non-profit organization facilitated through Eastside Baby Corner that assists families in search of special items that may not be affordable or within their budget. All items are donated so inventory may vary.


Bessie Medicinebird
425-888-6551 ext. 6221

Funeral & Burial Services

To provide assistance to the family in making final arrangements for the resting place of a deceased Snoqualmie Tribal Member.


  • Deceased enrolled Snoqualmie tribal member and/or minor child(ren) of an enrolled tribal member who is not enrolled in a tribe other than the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe.
  • The applicant must be the Executor of the Estate and/or point of contact that has written authorization from the executor.
  • Application must be submitted within 60 days of the date of passing.
  • Death Certificate is required to be submitted to the Tribe within 60 days of passing.
  • Funds will only be accessible within one calendar year of the original application.


Audrey Castleberry
425.888.6551 ext. 6221

General Welfare Child Care

The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe provides a monthly child care assistance benefit to offset the cost of child care for eligible Snoqualmie Tribal children. The child care assistance benefit is subject to change at any time based on market rate surveys and availability of funds, as may be determined by the Tribe.

This benefit may be used toward the cost of part-time or full-time child care for children aged birth-12, depending on your Assistance Need. You will be approved for a maximum of part-time care if any adult in the household works part-time or is a part-time student.

Your household must demonstrate an Assistance Need, which is established when each adult living your home can show the need for child care by providing proof of participation in one or more of the following: employment/active job search, education/training, and/or if the child is a SICW placement in dependence status.

This benefit must be used toward the following: To pay a licensed facility, licensed group/family home, or approved in-home or relative care provider for care provider for eligible child(ren).

This assistance cannot be used towards summer camps, summer school, or early education tuition.

General Welfare Childcare Update 8/24/2020: NEW rates have been approved for September 2020 forward to be competitive with state rates. Also the Tribal Council has waived thru December 31, 2020 the assistance need requirement of the program- parent/guardian applicants no longer are required to be working or in school to access the benefit. All Tribal Members in need of childcare or a provider to oversee with distance learning or homeschooling are eligible to apply. No changes have been made to the application.


Bessie Medicinebird
425-888-6551 ext. 6221

Elder's Birthday Gift
The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe provides a monetary gift to all Elders (55+) during the month of their birthday. The gift will be mailed during the first week of the month.


  • Current W-9 must be on file.


General Welfare Assistance for Minors Not in a Tribal Household

The purpose of the components of this Program is to provide for the needs of dependents as defined by the Tribe’s General Welfare Policy and to provide services that promote the general welfare of the Tribe. This Program is intended to affirm the Tribe’s inherent sovereign rights to promote the general welfare of the Tribe and provide qualifying assistance and program benefits on a tax- free basis. For each service eligible dependent who meet the eligibility criteria as outlined in the application, assistance can be provided in the areas of housing and food/clothing under this program.



Richard Bonifant
425-888-6551 ext. 1013

General Welfare Assistance for Incarcerated Tribal Members

To be eligible for this assistance you must be:

  • An enrolled Snoqualmie Tribal Member; and
  • Currently be serving a convicted sentence of more than sixty (60) days in prison or jail



Richard Bonifant
425-888-6551 ext. 1013

Funeral Attendance Assistance

The Snoqualmie Indian Tribe’s Funeral Attendance Assistance Program provides financial assistance to help adult enrolled Snoqualmie Tribal Members attend a wake, funeral, burial, and other bereavement event(s). Tribal members can receive up to $1,000 (one thousand dollars) in assistance, per fiscal year (October 1-September 30), as set forth in the Funeral Attendance Assistance Policy.

Eligibility for the Funeral Attendance Assistance Program:

  • Applicant must be an adult enrolled member of the Snoqualmie Indian Tribe.
  • The benefit is for individual use by the adult enrolled member.


Audrey Castleberry
425.888.6551 ext. 6221

General Welfare Consolidated Assistance

The Tribal Council has approved consolidation of the following monthly assistance programs: Housing, Healthcare, Food, and Elders. This change will be effective for the monthly distribution taking place on January 20, 2020. In order to continue to receive any of the above listed benefits Tribal Members must apply using the new consolidated application by January 6, 2020.


  • To be eligible for the Consolidated Assistance benefit, you must be an Enrolled Adult Snoqualmie Tribal Member.



Richard Bonifant
425-888-6551 ext. 1013

Recent News

Upcoming Events